My Power Mobility Won't Run
How do I charge my batteries?
Each model of wheelchair is different. However, the most common method of charging your power chair is to plug your charger to an electric outlet and then plug the round piece underneath your joystick control. Some wheelchairs come with an on-board charger, simply plug the charging cord into the designated port...If you have your owners please read it, if not call 1-866-474-4356 and we will point you to the right direction.
How long should I charge my batteries?
Depending on how often you use we recommend charging your power chair or scooter each and everyday. For a complete charge please charge your power wheelchair 8 to 14 hours per day.
I have charged my power wheelchair and it still would not run. What should I do?
First make sure the brakes are not engaged. If they are engaged simply push the brake levers into a lock mode and try again. If you have tried this and it still would not move, turn the wheelchair on and make sure you have power on the joystick (i.e. the lights on the joystick lights up). If there is power on the joystick make sure the charger is unplugged from the wheelchair. If it is still not working check your owners's manual or call us at 1-866-474-4356.
My joystick is not lighting up. What are my options?
First make sure the following are in place
- Make sure you power chair is turned on.
- Make sure the joystick wires are secure and is making contact with the designated cables
- Make sure your batteries are fully charged.
When completed and problem persist you may need new batteries, call us at 1-866-474-4356 or local 202-387-1960.
After charging my batteries and I use it for a little while one or two red light lights up on the joystick. What should I do?
- First make sure you have fully charged your batteries. Usually a full charge takes about 8 to 14 hours.
- If you have fully charged your batteries and problem persist you may be due for new batteries call us at 202-387-1960 to schedule an in-home service.
My chair powers up and the joystick lights are flashing briefly. What should I do?
First your chair could be in the lock mode. If your chair is in the lock mode follow these steps to unlock the chair. First determine the type of controller you have.
For VSI, VR2 & GC joystick follow the steps below to unlock it
- 1. Turn on the power chair
- 2. Push the joystick forward and hold for approximately 3 seconds or until you hear a chirp
- 3. Then push the joystick backwards and hold for another 3 seconds or until you hear a chirp
- 4. The joystick should be unlocked
For Dynamic controllers follow the steps below to unlock it:
- 1. Simply turn on the power chair
- 2. Press the horn button 2 times within 10 seconds.
****If problem persists call us to schedule a repair.****
Second make sure the brake levers are locked. The easiest way to determine whether it is locked or unlocked is to try pushing the power chair and if you are able to push (meaning wheels are moving) then the chair is in an unlocked position. Simply push the brake levers forward or backward depending on the type of chair you have. Then try pushing the chair again if you are not able to push it is locked. Simply turn off your power chair and turn it back on. If problem persist contact us.
There is a clicking noise coming from my chair when I move and stop. What should I do?
This is absolutely normal and it is the brakes engaging and disengaging.